Why We Blog

In my English 101 class at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, my students came to a realization--if you want to be good at something you have to practice it. They all mentioned they spent on average 4-5 hours a week on activities they considered themselves good at, but less than an hour a week writing. Why? Because they thought writing only counted when it was for school. So we agreed to try to write more on subjects and topics not related to school. This blog is a forum for all of us to voice our opinions, to be heard, to think and, most importantly to write.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fun Times in the Library


During my time in the library, I was able to get several things accomplished. After missing yesterday's class, Noel caught me up on the things I missed. I also got some work done on my paper, mainly planning out points I would discuss, what position I would take, and so on. All in all, a pretty productive day at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment